Home Made Pickles are
Less Oil, Less Fat
- Lemon - 5
- Green Chilly - 4 (slit into two)
- Chilli Powder - 4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Crystal(Rock) Salt - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 2tsp
- Gingelly Oil - 1 tbsp
- Take a dry bottle or Pickle jar.
- Put lemon pieces, cut in quarters.
- Add green chillies, salt and asafoetida.
- Mix them well and keep it for three days.
- Shake the bottle twice a day.
- Traditionally, they tie up the mouth of the jar with a white cloth(usually an old dhoti) to let in the air and sun light for quick marination.
- Then add chilli powder, turmeric powder to the marinated lemon pieces.
- Heat gingelly oil and pour it in. Mix.
- Shake well and keep it for 3 to 4 days.
- Use after that. Eat with any rice varieties.