Cauliflower Bajji and Coconut Chutney
- Cauliflowerets - 1 cup
- Oil for deep fry
For Bajji Mix
Any brand of Bajji mix
- Besan flour - 2 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Food Color (Orange Red) - A pinch
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - A pinch
- Sounf Powder(optional) - A pinch
- Garam Masala Powder (optional)- 1/4 tsp
- Soak cauliflowerets in salty hot water for five minutes.
- Wash it in cold water.
- Half cook the flowerets.
- Drain the water and wipe it.
- Mix the Bajji mix with water.
- Dip the flowerets and deep fry in oil.
- Grind coconut scraping (2tbsp), green chilly (3), tamarind paste(1/4 tsp), salt, garlic (1 clove) to a not-so-fine paste.
- Do seasoning with mustard, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida and red chilly.